LOYOLA SCHOOL, BHUBANESWAR
Dear Parents / Guardians, August 9, 2014
Last week on the 31st of July, as of every year, this year too, we celebrated the Feast of our founder, St. Ignatius of Loyola, a mystic who lived 500 years ago. He had a vision to set the World on “fire” by igniting the hearts of each human with a spark of “service”.
On the same day we honoured 72 of our ICSE/ISC 2014, who scored 90% above. The top three rankers were given cash awards. Thanks to our parent, Mr. Tutul Das.
ICSE 2014 ISC 2014
1st – Pratikshya Sahoo (97%) 1st – Shreyashee Roy (93.2%) (Arts)
2nd – Nitesh Mishra (96.33%) 2nd – Arazi Sohail (91%) (Arts)
3rd – Sarthak Sahoo (96%) 3rd – Kamana Pradhan (89.6%) (Comm.)
Thank you for coming to meet our teachers during the P. T. Meetings. Many of you appreciated our teachers’ care for your children and you have been very generous in your praises. A few of you have given suggestions for improvement. We, the Administration will see in what way we can improve our teaching standard and the school environment.
A few reminders:
· See that your child does not bring any electronic gadgets (mobile, pen drives, cameras, etc.) to school.
· Two wheeler vehicles – a strict No … No, without a valid licence.
· All should come in proper uniforms – polished shoes, nails cut, proper haircut for boys and hair dressed decently by girls (Refer pg. 27 & 28 in School Diary).
· On Friday (Weekly Evaluation day), if your child is really not well, please, please don’t send him/her to school only for the Test. Your child’s health is more precious than the exam.
· Do make sure that your child reaches school before 7.25 am every day. We begin our day with Morning Prayer. And all of us need God’s blessings.
We, at Loyola, will celebrate 67th Independence Day on 15th August with traditional fervor. All the students of VI and above will be participating in an impressive March Past. Their attendance is compulsory. Buses will ply. Please come in large numbers. It’s a day to swell our chests with Pride!
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!
With warm regards,
Fr. A. Amaladoss, SJ
15th Aug, Fri – Independence Day, Flag Hoisting (8:00 A.M. to 8:45 A.M), for Std VI and above.
17th Aug, Sun – Janmashtami
29th Aug, Fri – Ganesh Puja (Holiday)
30th Aug, Sat – Nuakhai (Holiday)
5th Sep, Fri – Teacher’s Day. Working Day for LKG – XII (upto 5th period). Dismissal for ALL at 11.30 am.
8th Sep, Mon – I Term Evaluation (Half-Yearly) begins